Friday, March 25, 2011

Losing My Mom

On Friday, February 4th, 2011, after taking our dear mother to the emergency room due to facial and arm swelling, we were given the devastating news that she had a large mass on her lung and a mass in her brain. The following Monday, test results confirmed she had malignant tumors on her lung and brain. Although she had been a heavy smoker, the news was shocking and unexpected.

On Sunday, February 27th, 2011, her battle ended as quickly as it began. Between those 24 days we all experienced a great deal of sorrow, tremendous love and massive family growth. The sadness I feel is enormous and at times feels unbearable.

I was given the privelage of caring for her those last two weeks. It was hard seeing her suffer but we had good times too. Every day after, radiation I tried to do something special with her. Nothing big; feeding the ducks, working on a puzzle together, eating ice-cream sundaes. Had I known I had so little time I might have done more. Then again, had I known, I may have been too sad! I love and miss you sooo much. This blogs for you gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Ammupappa